Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

First Day

Ravelry is the reason I'm writing in a blog for the first time in my life. Though I have a good group of knitting friends locally (and quilting friends and lampwork friends and . . . . ) , having the world as a knitting group if fascinating.

I'm typing with a great deal of trepidation. This act feels like opening my journal for everyone to read. That's not something I would ever do and so blogging is correspondently uncomfortable. Maybe if I think of this as a public supplement to journaling, I'll become more at ease.

Knitting is one of my hobbies. I spend most of my "leisure" opportunities with needles and yarn in hand. Most recently I made two shrug-style sweater for my youngest granddaughter, mittens and hats for all of the grandchildren, and several hats for Knitting for Noggins.

I have plans to make sweaters for the grandkids for Christmas 2009. I have yarn for two of the sweaters and have started one of them. The sweater was coming along nicely until I got side-tracked yesterday on a bag for myself. It's my first intentional felting project. I'm not using a pattern either. I started from the bottom up and I can't decide how I want to do the handles -- ribbon or I-cord or beads? Right now I'm thinking ribbons for handles and beads around the top for embellishment.

So . . . time to go knit!

1 comment:

  1. ...and you're OFF! Congratulations, gal.

    Don't think of this as a personal journal, think of it as a conversation, a how-to, a syndicated column, a ranting and joyous space to make words and share stitches.

    I can't wait to see pictures of your projects.

    ReplyDelete