Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

Arkansas Fiber Extravaganza

The 3rd annual Arkansas Fiber Extravaganza was even more wonderful than the 2nd annual Arkansas Fiber Extravaganza. Thank you Anne, Rachel, and all the others who make this event so wonderful. The vendor area was bigger and better than last year and I brought home some great fiber and projects.

I had time to get 2 more grandkid sweaters to the point where all they need is zippers sewn in them for a total of 3 in great shape for Christmas presents. Sweater #4 just needs sleeves and a collar . . . . Ok, I'm more than likely not going to get all 6 done, but 4 is better than I ever really should have expected to get done by this time.

The BEST part of the weekend, though, was spending relaxing, quality time with a couple of great friends and lots of fellow knitters/spinners/fiber fiends! Thanks Kay Meadors for the lace knitting class. I feel much better about charts now. The fashion show was so cool, but the whole weekend is one big fashion show as far as I'm concerned.

I'm already looking forward to going next year, recruiting even MORE friends to attend, and one way or the other I'm going to take a spinning wheel. I don't care WHAT part of the state it's in -- I'm THERE!

Let's face it, the beauty of Mt. Magazine deserves visitors' undivided attention and that is just not going to happen for me when it's 39 degrees outside and I have knitting needles and yarn in my hands. To me, a good girlfriend weekend just needs a really nice place with plenty of amenities (a microwave in the room was all that was missing), restaurants with good food and service that serve wine, and shopping. And knitting needles. And yarn.

2 comments:

  1. Clearly, you had much more fun than I did that weekend. Grading papers will never compare with a girlfriend-weekend full of yarn. And at Mt. Magazine! Any pictures of all those fashions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look on Ravelry.com under the Arkansas Fiber Extravaganza forum.

    ReplyDelete