Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Senior Semester

Fashion design class is almost over. I have thoroughly enjoyed these classes, but like any student, I am looking forward to "graduating". Of course, "graduate school" is tempting me. Jamileh is offering draping classes this fall -- on a weeknight, not a Saturday -- so I'm considering it.

Here's what I've made so far:
gray wool suit - Chanel jacket and pencil skirt
lined black skirt
silk dress
two short-sleeved silk tops
white shirt
long-sleeved silk top
wool cape
greenish tweedy wool jacket
natural cotton/silk blend short-sleeved sweater with silk ribbing in oyster
with mother-of pearl buttons


The patterns I want to draft in my last two weeks are a sleeveless sheath and a tank top. Those are already staples in my wardrobe and I can't see that changing.

I love wearing things I've made myself. Going back to school this fall ought to be lots of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Way back in January you posted on Dog Named Banjo's blog about trying to make buttonholes with your Bernina and how it just kept going in reverse. Did you ever fix the problem?? I'm asking because that is what mine does and I can't make two required buttonholes! I can't even do manual button holes and was hoping someone had a fix.

    ReplyDelete