Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Amelia's Sweater


I think I've mentioned before that I had planned to finish a sweater for each of the 6 grandchildren for Christmas 2009. I finished 4-1/2 of them, thank you very much, and I'm not going to feel guilty about not reaching that self-imposed goal. Elijah and Evan will be okay with an IOU. I think Amelia is pleased with her sweater. Handknit or not, a sweater still counts as clothes for Christmas, not the most exciting thing for anyone, especially a pre-teen, to get. Nevertheless, I'm going to have warm memories of knitting things for those I love. And besides, I've taught Amelia to knit, and she is showing all the signs of having "the bug". I look forward to the day when she's knitting her own gifts to give for Christmas. Nothing would tickle me more than to get a sweater she's knitted for me on some future Christmas morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment